Sunday, October 21, 2007

People with too much time on their hands...

OK, no Sunday supper club this week -- my BF from college and beyond was in town with Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy, so we went over to see it at Bass Hall. Julian seemed entranced but then was a shy contrarian and didn't admit he'd enjoyed it -- or getting to go backstage, which I hadn't done in years. (Looks, ma -- real stage hands watching football after the show -- I remember that!)

But anyway, on Saturday, Julian and I had one of our celebrated "mom & Juj" days (he loves Saturdays for that reason), and I (can't say this with anything but guilty shame) allowed about 30 minutes on You Tube together. We revisited old pals -- Weird Al's song about "Yoda" to the tune of the Kinks "Lola" (you may remember that from a previous post) and Mom's Overture which had been making the rounds lately but I still love it -- and found this gem, that my brother will especially appreciate (I hope). OK, this guy definitely has too much time on his hands (he admits on the post that it took >9 months to do!), but it's even more brilliant than Weird Al's original version. Enjoy!

No comments: