Thursday, I picked up Julian at school when it was starting to snow like crazy. As we came out to the parking lot...
J: It's a good thing it's not snowing old men.
Me [huh?!]: Why?
J: Because it would be hard to take evasive action. [??!!]
And earlier in the week, while G-man was bathing the Juj, there was deep philosophical discussion...
J: Where does God live? [Luckily J mostly saves these questions for Dad, as I am pretty much a hopeless humanist.]
G: Well, some people think he lives in Heaven.
J: What do you think? [he always wants to drive to specifics]
G: I think God is everywhere and in in all of us.
J: I can see God's face in a flower.
G: That's a beautiful thought.
J: Yes, in that flower [points to the wallpaper].
2 comments:
SNORT!
No, it's not an elegant reply, but it is an authentic reproduction of my actual response.
Loved this.
I did more of a "heeh" - the quick expulsion of my breath in an almost-snort.
Too funny. In our household, the deep thoughts conversations are always with me, and always on the way home from karate practice. Sometimes it's reincarnation. Sometimes it's original sin, and the intrinsic nature of man. Sometimes it's absolute truth.
Seriously. Is it me, or were we just not this deep in 2nd grade? All I remember is wondering whether to ask for the pink barbie corvette or the RV, because surely I wouldn't get BOTH, so which did I want more?
Post a Comment