Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blame it on the economy...and Twitter

Haven't posted for a month; gah! I never read anyone else's blog either, because I was reading blogs of folks I actually know (or at least have met a few times, except Pioneer Woman who's got a HUGE following, and A.McQ. but I feel like I've met her), and now I seem to spend my evening online time catching up on Twitter, and sometimes Facebook, or LinkedIn. And then I don't get around to any blogginess.

Work's been stressful, but the layoffs in our area are complete for the time being, so now I'm just back to working hard.

And I'm behind on menus! Rather than try to recreate the past month, I'll just go from this past Sunday, and try to stay more on top in the future. Last Sunday was one of our service auction offerings, so we had seven folks over for dinner - here's the description from the auction catalog:
Sunday dinner - Old School Guerrero-style, the way the Tias STILL do it. Start with a cocktail? Mojito? Margarita? Cuba Libre? Then get into it: Delicious rich chocolaty Chicken Mole, Arroz Mexicana, Frijoles, Guacamole, Home Made Flour Tortillas, Fresh tender Corn Tortillas from the tortilleria. Finish it off with hot coffee or "Chocolate Popular." To kick it up a notch how about Pastel Tres Leches for dessert? You've been looking a little thin, you need some hearty comida mexicana to build you up for the cold winter days. ¡Sabroso! ¡Hasta entonces!
The funny part is that this little gringa did most of the cooking (kudos to G-man for the cleaning and the homemade tortillas!), but, as the husband said I've "learned from the best!"

No comments: