Turned out the G-Man had h. influenzae (he'd basically been sick off and on since Thanksgiving), and it was time to ascertain whether the lingering tiredness, mucosity, and intermittent sore throat I've entertained for more than two weeks was perhaps worthy of antibiotics as well.
So I spent two. hours. waiting. to. see. the. doctor.
Yes, that's right -- my appointment time was 11:15 and I finally saw her after 1:00 PM. And now I wait until the results of my throat culture come back, hopefully on Friday. We do like her, and partly because she does care enough to talk and listen to all her patients, and that was why she was so late (someone before me was apparently having personal as well as physical crisis), but I have to say it was a rather sizable chunk out of my day. And my productivity had already been shot by staying home the day before, when I slept for four hours (remember the lingering tiredness?)
However, what I really meant to post about was how much better this blog would be if I let G-Man do the Sunday supper club posts. We are hosting one of our PASTA (HUUC service auction) dinner offerings this Sunday, and here's how he described it in the auction catalog:
La Comida di mi Vida -- Guerrero Sunday dinner OLD STYLE, the way the Tias STILL make it.
- Pollo en Mole: tender steamed chicken smothered in rich spicy chocolate peanut sauce,
- Mexican rice redolent of cumin,
- hours simmered frijoles borrachos,
- home-made flour tortillas and salsa fresca.
- Pan de Dulce (mexican sweet bread - real bread not that gringo pancreas/thymus stuff!) and
- a steaming mug of Chocolate Popular (can you say choh-koh-lah-teh poh-poo-lahr?) -- cinnamony mexican hot chocolate! And maybe a shot of Kahlua or Tequila liqueur?
Now isn't that a heck of a lot more appealing than my dinner menus?
2 comments:
hmmm...sorry about the flu dx :(
I've been kicking my own personal cold around for a few weeks myself.
hmmmm....
have fun tonight! dreaming about that chocolate popular!!!
I'm thinking a not-for-charity Tex-Mex feast may be in order, so hold that thought. Especially because we found this yummy margarita mix that comes as a powder in its own serving bag. You add the liquor and water, shake it up, and stash it in the freezer for a few hours-- voila! perfect slushy margaritas, no blender required! (And a short list of ingredients, including real citrus juices, to boot.) Cheers!
Post a Comment