Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Di-Bob says: Check it out!

Curse you, Tracey or Amy or maybe even Annie -- tonight I have been truly and surely sucked into Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, A Love Story (or The Night I Met Marlboro Man).

I'd dropped in on Pioneer Woman before -- ex-L.A., recipes, cool photos, wry observations -- my kind of bloggin' momma. But tonight, I started reading the serialized saga in one sitting, and had to turn off my IM in order to stop any of my pesky business associates from disturbing me while I obsessively read and even shed a tear or two. Couldn't stop for a bathroom break, could barely stop to call DH and Juj for the "good night" ritual, didn't even go down to the hotel lobby for the ice cream bar I had planned, or out into the snowy night to see the Winterlude ice sculptures.

This is a must read, even though my days of devouring romance novels are long behind me. Reality TV has nothing on Pioneer Woman...

3 comments:

Weintribe said...

I totally agree. 'tis a great way to spend an evening

Anonymous said...

No cursing me...I don't read her. :) I honestly do not have time to read any more blogs - I can barely keep up with the ones I already (try) to read.

Lady Di said...

Tracey -- how right you are! I was apparently high on crack when I thought I saw her in your links -- was it homemade crayon mom instead? ;-)

But that's OK, because in tribute, I just spent 25 minutes catching up on your posts for the last couple of days (ugh - you have my sympathy), instead of logging in to start my "working from home" day. And your new blogger friend sucked me in for a few minutes too!