Monday, November 24, 2008

Another year, another blog post... and no Sunday supper

I have made another circle around the sun, and I'm thankful. My family members serenaded me appropriately, and so we move on.

This evening, I had to confront my fatness in photographic splendor, as we had our sitting for the church directory. It's so much easier to retouch in your mind what you see in the mirror than what the camera captures, but I'm not sure it will motivate me to lose the weight. Though it should, as I'd be healthier AND happier (at least when I have to look at myself).

This weekend, I made it to one 'big girls' party (for the Weintribe's new addition), and one 'kiddos' skating party (for siblings who go to school with J, who ice-skated FAR longer than I did!) Luckily, this left me without time to make Sunday supper, but with time to make the rounds and check out the blogs of my virtual and face-to-face friends; I've kept the circle small, but still rarely catch up these days.

This week, I'll cook a small T-day feast, hopefully somewhat healthful and low-sugar without being boring or too nontraditional. Then I'll thank my lucky stars that I can ask G-man to put up the tree and be in charge of making sure the decor looks good.

So, my life moves in small circles, sometimes the same, and sometimes slightly off-kilter, but overall I am one lucky middle-aged woman, wife, mother, daughter, etc.

No comments: