Monday, November 08, 2010

Not quite Tur-duc-ken

The past weekend was a bit of a haze. Worked from home Thursday, while Juj stayed home with a cold.

Took a vacation day Friday and hung out with him again, except for the thirty minutes of parent-teacher conference which was why there was no school. (He's doing great, of course.) Caught Megamind (fun, cute) and had dinner at the Studio Movie Grill. (BTW, reserved seats with a required pre-purchased food credit rock!  Totally worth it.)

Saturday was a blur of making paper airplanes, shopping and playing Wii Rock Band, mostly with Juj, because G-man had to work much of the day.

Sunday was my turn for the cold, and I spent much of the day in bed. Oh, except I played more Rock Band and blew out what was left of my voice. (I'm the vocalist in our trio, mostly because I'm too uncoordinated to play Wii guitar or drums.)

And made dinner, with the greatest of ease, thanks to Costco featuring stuffed chickens from La Boucherie (purveyors of turducken that we've had for more than one Thanksgiving, although this year the G-man is threatening to make one from scratch by his own self!)

  • Chicken stuffed with Crawfish Jambalaya
  • Sauteed Delicata Squash Rings with Browned Butter & Fresh Sage
  • Blanched Broccoli and Peas
  • Romaine & Spinach Salad with Carrots, Avocado & Sass
  • Fresh Pineapple Brulee

Just don't ask about how the The Kitchen Cure is going...

No comments: