Although I was deprived of the Internet in college (learned to program in BASIC on an Apple II - yes, Virginia, in the time before Mac this and iThat), I am a happy user in my middle-age. (The other day, when I dropped J's lunch off at school, a kid in his class said "That's your mom? I thought it was your grandmother!" so I'm trying to embrace my apparent crone-ness, but that's another story.)
Anyway, without the Internet, no Facebook and no Twitter (which I prefer to FB, but that's another other story). And without Facebook, I wouldn't have followed this link that an acquaintance posted, and I wouldn't have known about
The Cher-pum-ple!
And then I had to Google the inventor, and found his fab-u-lous website of kitsch...and other people's Cherpmuples.
So now you now you know why I love the Internet. (Plus it's a great tool for a world-class procrastinator like myself.)
2 comments:
This is astonishing, and amusing! I must confess that you have opened me up to a new world of gluttony.
Yup, pretty amazing...
Post a Comment