Monday, November 05, 2007

mini-Sunday Supper Club

Juj and I had a great weekend! Love that my job provides the flexibility to work at home, so I didn't go back after leaving early Thursday afternoon to pick him up from school since Dad was in Cleveland. Handled conference calls and IMs from the boss at home, planned my next business trip to the great white North, and went out for regular Friday dinner with Ron.

We had a very fun and productive Saturday -- finished reading the first Harry Potter (but no more until he's older!) and then watched the movie version; worked up a sweat mowing and trimming and raking mulch; rested and watched Star Wars Episode VI (for the umpteenth time); and then off for a whirlwind evening at NorthPark.

Whoa! this mall has GROWN since I was last there! We went because I couldn't stay away from the only Lush location in Texas any longer (woo-hoo > butterballs and bubble bars and I don't have to wait for a trip to Canada or order them online anymore), but we ended up staying for dinner and a movie -- Bee Movie, which was cute and happened to be playing at 6:45 when we walked up to the box office at 6:40 to see if there were any appropriate options. It was a fun one, engaging enough for both of us. And it looks like some fun kids movies are coming out for the holiday season, too: Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium, Fred Claus (well, maybe not for kids), The Golden Compass (again, maybe for the older "kids" in our household only) and a couple of others which escape my mind at the moment.

Sunday was granola making, grocery shopping, a trip to Michael's, glittering up some gourds, and dinner for J, Ron, and I (thanks again to Martha for the recipes):
And Gil got home safely Sunday night, so all is right in the world -- we are once again Los Guerreros Tres!

No comments: