Tuesday, November 27, 2007

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... in Canada

Road trip!

Actually, my guilt level is pretty high, as I left Gil home sick with Julian while I took off for a week of meetings. Flew to Montreal Monday, and then the boss, a colleague and I drove to Ottawa in a minor snowstorm that evening. (Luckily my boss is originally from Saskatchewan, so we let him drive. And normally it's faster to fly to Montreal -- direct -- and drive down, than to fly to Ottawa from Dallas since American makes you change planes somewhere awful like Chicago. But a lot of snow, and a very slow waitress at your dinner stop can throw a wrench in the best laid plans.)

It's snowing again tonight. I took a picture with my phone, but since my plan charges me for "roaming" up here, I guess I won't be sending it to myself to post until I get back to Dallas. Glad to hear on JW's blog that the weather is finally starting to act appropriately there as well.

I picked up eat pray love in the airport to read. I'm not done yet but it seems like it's going to be great. Might even help me start a spiritual quest -- I can hear Gil holding his breath with anticipation upon contemplation of such a thought.

And as for last weekend's entertainment report -- two thumbs up for Enchanted, one up (J) and one sideways (me) for Mr. Magorium... (what is that voice Dustin is doing all about?!), one thumb WAY up for Gil sitting on the J-bird while I went on a birthday shopping spree alone, and four thumbs up for running into 2/3 of clan Rad at Willow Bend -- Julian fell asleep in the car on the way home after Isaac and he ran around like the crazy men (well, boys) they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I-man is still talking about the romp with julian!

Hope your birthday was wonderful (sounds like it was) and we need to be filles in more on the finds from the shopping spree!

Have a great rest of the week in all the snow!

Anonymous said...

I loved loved loved Eat Pray Love. The best book I have probably read in a few years. Of course, I'm of the angst-filled-spiritual-quest persuasion, so it spoke to me.

:)