I will admit that it's hard to be too pitiful when I will have the bed all to myself for more than ten nights. Juj has been pretty good about staying in his new big boy captain's bed, but apparently cracked under the strain of knowing I was leaving and crawled into our bed at one or two o'clock this morning. Which, compounded by my incipient cold (or maybe just bad allergies) meant that it was not the most restful night for me. But I will MISS them both!
So, let me catch up by sharing last Sunday's menu, which we enjoyed with Tia Elsa and Uncle Ron...
- big salad of red lettuce, radishes, avocado and celery
- chicken and brown rice with chorizo from the current issue of Saveur (thanks, Weintribe!)
- fresh strawberries with saba and black pepper (well, J had his with milk)
Suffice it to say that I had a lovely meal alone this evening. Mez has good food, a nice bar, is within walking distance of the hotel, and although normally closed Sundays, they happened to be open in honor of Mother's Day. I ate there twice on the last trip, and my hotel wasn't as close (plus I had a car that time, which expanded my options); I'm sure I'll be back for more...
4 comments:
You are the only person in Texas that calls me that, and I love it. It reminds me of home (Rhode Island).
hope you're doing okay in Raleigh. I'm sure the boyz are missing ya, but for the love of all that is holy and mom-related, PUH-LEEZE enjoy that solo hotel bed!
that just sounds like heaven!
Is there a waving emoticon? Glad to hear from you both, and I was just so tickled by "T-Rob" during the name game meme, it has stuck with me. Looking forward to coming home!
Oh My! While I long for a night's uninterrupted sleep, I can totally empathize with missing your boys. I can't two weeks. I'm going to have 3 days alone in a month, while the hubband takes JH to Grandma & Grandpas house, then another 5 days with just my man, and although the thought of it NOW makes me want to swing from the ceiling fan in our bedroom, I know I will be pining at the end of day 2.
Love the menu - I'm going to try the brown rice with chorizo soon!
Post a Comment