Monday, May 26, 2008

Two-fer...

My folks arrived Saturday evening from the West Coast, so we had Sunday supper plus a Memorial Day meal with them and Ron, plus Bill on Monday. Full disclosure -- I was very cranky on Sunday, probably because I didn't drink enough water while sweating it out in Waxahachie the day before, but I was much more pleasant today. And both meals were quite delicious.

Sunday (inspired by watching FoodTV while working out in the hotel exercise room in Raleigh the weekend before):
  • Margaritas in a bag
  • Chicken Kebab Salad (a big ol' Caesar with grilled chicken, sausages, and bread -- and I used boneless skinless thighs as well as the recommended breasts, and turkey as well as pork sausage, and basil leaves rather than bay)
  • Lemon Sabayon with Fresh Strawberries & Raspberries
Memorial Day (this one was pretty improv'd, so no recipe links)
  • Elderflower Sours
  • Barbecued Turkey Breast, brined and tied and with a nice BBQ rub
  • Grilled Vegies -- Corn, Baby Artichokes, Zucchinis, and Leeks
  • Green Bean and Red Onion Salad with Creme Fraiche
  • Watermelon
Hope everyone else had a lovely long weekend, too. Now, back to the coal mines...

No comments: