Another in a series of Conversations between the J-man & his father, the G-man...
G-man: Yes, sir?
J: I think Miss Jones wants to talk to you...
G: Who's Miss Jones?
J: She's a teacher at school.
G: Does she teach in your class?
J: No, she teaches the other class.
G: Hmmm. Did she say what she wanted?
J: She said she really wanted to meet you.
G: She did? Did she ask to talk to Mom and me?
J: No, I was sitting quietly but when the teachers talk I can hear everything that they say. She said it to Mr. C (J's homeroom teacher.)
G: Hmmmmm. Did she talk to you?
J: Uh huh. She asked me how old I was, and I told her I was five.
G: Okay... What were you doing?
J: Well, I was telling Mr. C that you had preached the Gospel of the Grateful Dead at church this weekend.
G: Aaaaahhhhh... Yes... I think I understand now...
J: And she told Mr. C. that she really wanted to meet my parents.
G: That's cool, J. Is she there in the morning? You just point her out to me, next time we're up at school, and I'll say hi...
J: Okay, Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment