Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Dinner

Juj enjoyed his first week at summer camp.  It included a swimming outing (to be a weekly occurrence), another viewing of Kung Fu Panda, and a visit from the Critter Man, complete with lemur, tarantula, shedding snake, and recycling parrot.  Future weeks include Lunar Golf, the Dallas World Aquarium, and so much more.  Apparently, they make good use of their school bus.  ;-)  As my friend at work said -- "I wanna go there!"

Anyway, I grilled for Dad's Day --
  • Jack & 7 (not for me, though; not my cup of tea)
  • Wedge salad with apples, blue cheese, and homemade bacon bits
  • T-bones a la Cook's Illustrated
  • Green beans a la PW
  • Watermelon -- plain, and with basil & mint, for the adventurous
Ron & Elsa joined us, and the (grand-)dads were called and wished "happy day" too.  And, have I mentioned, the sweltering summer heat has arrived?  I was sweating just standing outside to grill today.  Ah, Texas!

2 comments:

mrsf5 said...

Watermelon with basil and mint.

Watermelon. With basil. And MINT.

Try as I might, I cannot think of a happier combination of flavors.

Was it as delicious as it sounds?

mrsf5 said...

P.S. Happy (slightly belated) Father's Day, G-man!