Well, actually, it's that our cats don't respect the concept of Daylight Savings Time turning on and off.
Here it is, the lovely "fall back" morning, one of the best mornings of the year for sleeping in, and the cats were tromping around in the bedroom at 6:20 AM. Which was 7:20 AM yesterday, and they do usually get fed before eight o'clock, two squares a day -- but the humans in the household all purposefully went to bed late last night and several of the clocks in the house knew to turn themselves back one hour (thanks to FiOS on the TV set boxes and really I don't know how my bedside clock does it), so I was none too pleased the third time that cat misbehavior drove me out of bed. I just gave up and decided it was a sign that (a) I should get my a$$ up and do something, and (b) next year, I should remember to start adjusting the cats feeding times in advance. Don't laugh - there have been years that I have been organized enough to do that!
Now I can take this time for blogging (read and write)...continue being overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we have in the house (a recent obsession of mine; we have too much stuff although all I do is fret about it, not actually get rid of anything)...miss out on good cuddles (DH is back from his Cleveland trip)...read the offer letter from the new company in more detail (since I need to fax back my acceptance form)...compose an interesting menu for this evening (and maybe the rest of the week's dinners)...generally anything other than feeding the cats. They are just going to have to learn to read the clocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment