Saturday, November 07, 2009

Preview

We're taking Sunday supper on the road this week, to share with our good friends. I basically did all the cooking today, so tomorrow will just be about finishing touches and heating chez W. The bulk of the menu (those with *) is taken from Amanda Hesser's Cooking for Mr. Latte, which is a basically a wonderful food blog-love story from the days before blogs.
  • Carrot Fennel Soup*
  • Ginger Duck*
  • Yellow and Green Beans with Thyme
  • Simple Arugula Salad with Parmesan, Lemon & Olive Oil
  • Fallen Almond Cake* with Port-Cherry Sauce
and, because I had egg whites leftover from making the cake
  • Mexican Chocolate Meringue Kisses (well, blobs, really, but I'm sure they'll taste good)
Side note: I started reading Amanda Hesser when she was first writing for the NY Times, as we subscribed to the Times those first years in Texas. Because the Dallas Morning News, bless its little knobby head, was no match for the Los Angeles Times that we had left behind. And in the years before Julian's arrival, reading a large newspaper in a leisurely fashion was one of our great pleasures.

No comments: