Sunday, February 07, 2010

Apropos of Nothing Much

In a very out of character move, the Super Bowl was on at our house part of this evening. We didn't tune in until half-time (The Who's greatest hits medley - yikes!) and have spent some of the "watching" time discussing curling, and whether it is an Olympic sport, and can we watch it? but we did have the game on -- and we're TiVOing the end for the Juj.  We generally don't watch sports at all (except a bit of the Olympics), and the Super Bowl that I most remember watching was the one in 1984 when Apple introduced the Macintosh (go 49'ers!) But that has nothing to do with dinner. Which was pretty delicious, even if we did miss the first half of the game.
I do feel compelled to report that I did finally purchase a copy of The Happiness Project; it sort of felt like listening to pirated music before, and now I can actually read some of it tonight! While I was at the bookstore, I also picked a copy of Amadeus. The young woman who was my cashier said "Oh, I want to see that movie! Have you seen it?" "Uh, yes -- in the theatre when it first came out." *sigh*

No comments: