Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not much cookin'

It seems like it's been much longer than a week since I last posted. We went out for Father's Day, so I didn't cook last Sunday -- although on Saturday, I whipped up some grilled chicken breasts and black bean & corn salad that we nibbled on in various guises through the week: on salad, on nachos, in quesadillas. Sometimes for lunch, and sometimes for dinner.

Work has been QUITE busy, although it seems like it's been that way for a while...and that other people are feeling it too. The pains of integrating our company into the acquiring company are lasting longer than my peon self expected, but I think it's actually going pretty well. The cultural adjustment continues, along with the consolidation of systems and applications. Now I know how some of my peers felt back when the old company acquired theirs, many years ago. (Of course my hormonal attitude has also affected how I see all this recently, so take my whining with a grain of salt or two.)

Summer has come along with a blast. Not too many triple-digit days yet (and I wouldn't really know, because they keep the air conditioning only a notch above freezing at my office!), but plenty just kissing that.  And then I have to laugh when my mom says it's been hot in southern Oregon: their highs look like our overnight lows at times!

Hmmm... the cats seem to be eyeing me rather intently. It's really a bit early for their breakfast time, but I think that's what they have in mind. And my tummy is a bit rumbly, too. (My poor tummy - I started back into exercising a bit more - Bollywood workout videos at home, and a couple of classes at the YMCA so far - and I have known more soreness in the past week than in years previous. G-man loves to quote the whole "weakness is pain leaving the body" thing, but I just wish it would "leave" a heckuva lot faster!)

Ciao, babies!

No comments: