Monday, June 14, 2010

Tired redux

I know I used the 'Tired' title last week. But it just keeps being the dominant feeling. Perhaps watching all of season 2 of True Blood in less than two weeks was a bit much. Perhaps work is a bit much. Perhaps my weight is a bit much. Perhaps seeing the pain & effort that some of my IRL and mostly virtual friends are going through is a bit much.
But, I made a yummy dinner on Sunday:
  • Thai Beef Salad, actually inspired by the recipe in this cookbook, but with way more vegies (romaine, cilantro, mint, cucumber, grated carrot, scallions, sesame seeds, avocado, red cabbage) and freshly cooked flap meat (which is way better than flank steak) that I marinated in Thai red curry paste, toasted sesame oil, lime juice, freshly grated ginger, and a bit of brown sugar and then cooked briefly in the grill pan
  • Tequila Refresca Sorbet (2 cans classic Fresca, a big splash of Campari, a small splash of Cointreau, and bit of agave syrup muddle with mint, then frozen in the ice cream maker) with incredible fresh strawberries

No comments: